The legs are an important part of a man’s physique, and the leg workout of a man’s fitness, that we all want to make sure looks as good as the rest of our body! Don’t hesitate to have a look at the leg workouts for women for more exercises and ideas. As with any of our workouts, you should make sure to work to your own capacity and choose workout exercises that you enjoy and that work for you.
Leg workouts for men will focus more on using weights to strengthen and build on the muscle you have, with exercises that can be altered to what goals you want to achieve. For building more muscle use heavier weights, for endurance increase the reps and sets and for toning only work to your most comfortable ability. Remember, you can mix and match with the bicep workouts, tricep workouts and ab workouts!
Leg Exercises for Men
These suggested leg exercises for men try to add a twist to the usual workout exercises you get, and are aimed to make sure you get buff legs in no time!
- Bulgarian Split Squat: with a barbell behind your shoulders and a step, rest one foot against the step and slowly lower your whole body into a squat making sure your bent knee does not touch the floor, return and repeat with the other leg
- Leg Curls: using a leg curl machine, rest your heels under the cushion and slowly bring them towards your bum making sure they don’t make contact, release slowly returning to the original position
- Kettlebell Fling Squat: inspired from the kettlebell swing action (found on kettlebell workouts), swing the kettlebell between your legs whilst squating, rise up tossing the kettlebell in the air only slightly and squating again for the catch
- The Inchworm: starting in a press-up position, slowly walk your legs towards your chest until it feels uncomfortable, move your hands slowly forward to return to your orginial position and repeat
- Simple Step Reach: standing above a high step with your arms out in front of your shoulders, reach down with one leg keeping your arms out and return, repeat with the other leg, add weights for difficulty
Leg Workout Routine for Men
A suggested leg workout for men that you are able to modify how you would like, add weights or different exercises. You can even include a cardio section to add to the focus on legs.
- Fitness Food: be sure to stay healthy and feed your body with all the correct nutrients it would need
- Pre Workout: warming up and cooling down is just as important for your workout
- Kettlebell Swing – 3 sets of 15 reps, 20 second rest
- The Inchworm – 2 sets of 12 reps, 10 seconds rest
- Side Lunges (with dumbbells) – 4 sets of 10 reps, 15 second rest
- Bulgarian Split Squat – 3 sets of 8 reps, 15 second rest
- Leg Extensions – 4 sets of 10 reps, 20 second rest