What is Fast5?
Fast5 is a modified version of netball which was originally called ‘fastnet’. It is a shorter, faster variation of netball where you can make shots worth multiple points.
- Players: Teams consist of 5 players rather than 7
- Time: Each quarter is only 15 minutes rather than 15 minutes
- Coaching: Fast5 allows coaching during play
- Power Plays: Each team can nominate a ‘power play’ quarter in which each goal will count for 2 points rather than 1
- Points: 2 and 3 point shots can be scored from outside the circle. 2 points are gained from within the outer zone and 3 points from within the super shot zone. Both can be doubled in a ‘power play’ quarter
- Centre Passes: After each goal is scored, the team that concedes the last goal will take the centre pass instead of alternatively
- Tied games: Tied games are settled by penalty shoot outs