A fitness diet is not about starving yourself or cutting out major food groups for the quickest results. A fitness diet is different to other diets and not only will it help with weight loss but it will help with building muscle and improving fitness.
What is a Fitness Diet
A fitness diet means thinking about every aspect of eating and consumption that you need to do during a fitness plan.
As well as thinking about what you should be eating for each meal in the day, a fitness diet requires you to think about what to eat for working out, whether it is before, after or during:
- Whole wheat toast with sliced banana and cinnamon (before)
- Grilled chicken with roasted mixed vegetables (after)
- Greek yogurt with granola and fruit (before)
- Drink water for shorter workouts and sports drinks for longer sessions (during)
- Salmon with sweet potatoe (after)
- Oatmeal with fresh fruit (before)
- Energy bars, only for longer sessions of exercise (during)
See fitness tips for further details and information.