To be organised is essential for any fitness plan because you need to understand where you are starting and your future goals. You need to incorporate fitness exercises into the plan as well as fitness food and fitness nutrition. For your health and fitness make sure that you are specific with what you want to achieve, for example if that is weight loss, and how you want to do it (are you thinking about diets).
Physical activity and healthy eating are priorities to stay healthy and look after your body. Follow our advice on creating the best fitness plan for yourself. If you have any certain health issues, consult a doctor before you start changing your physical activity or eating routine.
How to Create a Fitness Plan
These steps will help you on your way to having the perfect fitness plan! Remember, everyone’s body is different and your fitness plan should be based around you, not what has worked for someone else.
- Evaluate your fitness levels: you first need to know what you can already do, asses your waist measurement, how many pushups you can do in 30 seconds, how long it takes you to walk/jog a mile
- Create a realistic fitness program: think about when and where you will work out, how many days a week you can manage, how long will your fitness activity be for each time, vary the activities, start slowly and build up, write your plan down
- Choose the correct equipment: whether it is running shoes or weights, get advice from fitness professionals on what is best for you
- Do a trial run: once you are ready to begin your routine, take a week to trial out the program you created and alter it if necessary, if you have made it too difficult then be honest with yourself so you are less likely to quit
- Progress is best: keep a record of how you are doing and what you are achieveing, can be weekly or monthly, so you can build on the work you are putting in and see for yourself how you are improving
Have a look at more fitness tips!