This grilled salmon with brown rice recipe can include vegetables as well and is usually a good dinner meal. It is perfect for those on a healthy diet or balanced diet, and escpecially good if you are on a protein diet or 1200 calorie diet.
These are the main ingredients you will need for your grilled salmon and brown rice (serves 2):
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 2 salmon fillets
- Rosemary, coriander and any other herbs you wish to add
- 1/4 cup lemon juice OR sliced lemon
How to cook your grilled salmon and brown rice, usually takes 30 minutes:
- Cook the rice according to personal preference or packet instructions. Usually place rice in boiling water and leave to simmer or steam.
- Preheat the barbeque or grill on high heat for your salmon.
- Place the salmon in foil, add the herbs and lemon juice plus any addition seasonings, fold the foil on either side to make an enclosed packet.
- Place the salmon on the grill (in the foil) and let it cook for around 10 minutes. Turn it over and grill on the other side for about 5 minutes. Repeat with shorter time periods until the salmon is opaque.
- Steam vegetables and serve with the rice and salmon.