A healthy diet requires more effort than most other diets because it is constructed on what you eat/drink, how you eat/drink and the inclusion of exercise or daily activities. More information is available at weight loss tips.
What to Eat on a Healthy Diet
This is the simplest part of a healthy diet – making sure you eat what you should. There are 5 main parts to a healthy diet:
- Whole grain
Everything you eat should be consumed in moderation.
How to Eat on a Healthy Diet
This might not be so obvious, but how you eat can make a difference and improve your healthy diet. For example:
- Think about serving sizes and try going for smaller portions during each meak to avoid over-indulging
- Eat with other people: it’s social, encourages sharing plates and is proven to avoid over eating which can occur when watching tv/a computer at the same time
- Sometimes it is not hunger that you are feeling but thirst, so try drinking before going all out on a big meal
- Eat slowly to help digestion and so your brain can process how full you are getting
- Avoid eating late at night, digestion occurs best when your body is at its highest levels of energy
- Throughout the day, try eating periodically to keep up your metabolism
- Do not skip breakfast!
Exercising on a Healthy Diet
Keeping active can help you to maintain weight loss or simply improve your health and it doesn’t always necessarily mean spending hours in the gym. Other options include:
- Walking more: getting of the bus or train a stop early, taking the dog for a walk, even walking around a shopping mall!
- Start a new exercise class: there are many new and creative options out there
- Maintain activity levels: instead of sitting in front of the tv try doing yoga stretches while watching your favourite show
- Sleep well: get a good night’s sleep so feel more refreshed and active the next day