A low carb diet is sometimes used in weight loss programs to limit the consumption of carbohydrates, such as bread and pasta, which are substituted for fats or protein.
There are some beneifts to this diet, as there are with most diets, such as reducing risk factors associated with diabetes but dramatically restricted any of the food groups in hopes of weight loss will always carry disadvantages too.
It is essential to speak to a health adviser before making any changes to your diet or considering weight loss, and even more essential if you already have specific dietary problems.
Low Carb Diet Plan
What you should be eating on a low carb diet:
- Meat and fish
- Vegetables and Fruit
- Nuts and seeds
- High-fat dairy
- Water, tea, coffee and sparkling water
What you should not eat on a low carb diet:
- Sugar (including high-sugar juices and drinks) or artificial sweetening
- Gluten grains found in white bread and pasta
- Diet and low-fat products
- Processed foods
Low Carb Meals
Here are a few meal suggestions for a low carb diet:
- Omelette with vegetables, fried in butter
- Shrimp salad with olive oil
- Chicken or fish with roast vegetables
- Grass-fed yogurt with berries and nuts