When considering your health and fitness levels, there are many things to consider. For example, what fitness food to eat and what fitness exercises are the best to stay active. However, your fitness nutrition plays an important role in planning what to eat and how to eat it.
Nutrition involves not only the food you eat but how you digest it as well. As a guidance for those starting off on the fitness journey, your fitness plan should include around 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week of training, and your fitness diet should contain mostly carbohydrates (60%) in addition to fats and protein (10-30%) and a little bit of everything else (10%).
What To Eat
Going through diets can take a lot of time and hard decisions chosing which one is best. If you are simply interested in maintaining a healthy body and want some basic help, then read the following suggestions:
- A big variety of fruits and vegetables spread throughout the day as part of your main meal or light snacks.
- Stay consistent in your fibre intake.
- Make sure the majority of your grains are whole grains!
- Vary what you eat and the dishes you make between the food groups (e.g. meat/eggs/dairy/seafood/nuts).
How To Eat
It might sound simple at first, but the way you organize your meals plays a role in your fitness; the time you eat, how much you eat, and how often you eat:
- When cooking, try to use fresh and local products
- Cooking meals at home rather than eating out is not only cheaper but healthier!
- Don’t just worry about what you eat, think about the beverages you are drinking too.
- Include foods from all the food groups, try not to exclude.
- Eat enough to make you feel satisfied without feeling overly full.
Click here for more fitness tips!