The perfect option if you are considering one of our diets, this spinach and chicken salad recipe is a popular choice. It can be altered to what you like and what you don’t. It is great for those worried about weight loss or their fitness and health.
For a healthy diet or a balanced diet, this is a good option for a healthy meal or even a smaller sized portion can be used as a healthy snack. For the protein diet, the low carb diet or the 1200 calorie diet this should be one of your principal meals.
What you choose to put in your spinach salad with chicken (serving 4) is completely your choice, however, this is a basic recipe that is tasty on its own but you can add extra ingredients if you wish:
- 1 bag of chopped spinach
- Cherry tomatoes (or any other kind)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 avocado (and any other vegetable you want to add)
- 1/3 cup of toasted pine nuts
- Crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Herbs and spices
Making a spinach and chicken salad is not too complicated and without the chicken will take you 5-10 minutes. Depending on how you want to make the chicken (smoked/roasted/grilled) depends on personal preference:
- Prepare the chicken, marinade with spices and herbs or how you prefer, and cook in your preferred way: roasted, grilled or smoked.
- Place the spinach in a bowl and slowly layer your salad with the vegetables you have chosen.
- Add seasoning and spices according to personal taste, as well as your chosen salad dressing that can be added all at once at the end or gradually as you layer your salad.
If you have left-overs, add your chicken and spinach salad to a healthy pitta or wrap!