“Through the Pilates method of Body Conditioning this unique trinity of a balanced body, mind, and spirit can ever be attained. Self confidence follows.” – Joseph Pilates, the method´s founder.
What is Pilates?
It is a form of exercise created by German-born Joseph Pilates at the beginning of the 20th Century. Pilates is a blend of Eastern practices, like yoga and martial arts, with more Westernised sports such as gymnastics in a low impact workout. Gentle, slow movements are designed to build core strength and maintain flexibilty. These key functions are complimented by the emphasis on breathing awareness and spinal neutrality. This method of body conditioning is proven to strengthen, elongate and restore the body to a natural and spiritual balance.
More about Pilates…
- Find out if you are fit for Pilates. This post should answer any questions you have about your suitability for Pilates, for example, if you are unsure about your ability or have never practiced it before.
- What can I expect from Pilates? Pilates for beginners gives a lowdown on the basic principles of Pilates.
- What are the benefits of Pilates? See how can Pilates improve your lifestyle and health.
- Many people face the decision of Pilates VS Yoga and which is more beneficial. This post will help you see the difference and similarity between the 2 methods.
- Ready to start? Workout with the help of these video tutorials.
- Keeping fit during pregnancy is important for the health of the mother and the baby, practicing Pilates during pregnancy is a low-impact way to exercise and a great way to prepare for the birth.
- Ready to start a Pilates class? Find out about the different levels and what to look for in a good Pilates instructor.