As the dumbbell workout is great for anyone with any fitness abilities, these dumbbell exercises for women are especially great for beginners to advanced! Most dumbbell exercises can be tailored to what you want from a dumbbell workout simply by increasing the dumbbell weight and number of repetitions or sets.
Remember, if you are interested in your fitness then this could be one of the perfect workouts for you! Different types of dumbbell exercises work on different points on your body so you can focus on certain muscles or do a whole body workout if you wish.
5 Best Dumbell Exercises for Women
All of the following dumbbell exercises for women can be done as single-dumbbell or double-dumbbell exercises. You can increase the weight according to your strength, but start of with a dumbbell weighing less than 5lbs. If doing 10 repetitions of an exercise strains your muscles then choose a lighter weight.
- Bent-Over Row: using a bench press, or some sort of raised flat service, place your left knee and hand on the bench with the dumbbell in your right hand, bring your hand towards your rib cage and lower it again, your face should be looking down at the bench
- Chest Press: lying flt with your back against a bench press, holding the dumbbell(s) by your chest, raise your arm straight upwards and lower it again
- Arm Pull-Over with Leg Crunch: lying flat on your back, holding a dumbbell in each hand straight above your head, raise your arms and legs slightly towards each other to feel a burn in your abs
- Stiff-Leg Deadlift: standing straight with the dumbbell(s) by your side, bend forward at the waist keeping your back straight and return
- Obliques: standing straight with one weight in your hand, bend the other arm upwards to hold your head, bend over to the side holding the weight
Include these dumbbell exercises for women into your dumbbell workout routine for best effects, visit our other pages for videos and more examples. View some of our dumbbell workout tips too, answer some doubts you may have!