There is a huge variety of kettlebell exercises to choose from, whether you are wanting to do a kettlebell workout alone or as part of another one of our workouts. The kettlebell is a great piece of exercise equipment for your fitness as it can work many different parts of your body at the same time, building and toning muscle.
As a workout routine, you can be very flexible with kettlebell exercises, picking and choosing which ones you like and how many repetitions you think are appropriate. They can be included as a pre workout to any other fitness exercises or you can fit them into a busy schedule if you only have 10 minutes to workout.
Kettlebell Exercise Examples
These are a few suggested kettlebell workout exercises that can be done in repetitions (10 each with 30 seconds break) or you can choose one you like to be part of a larger workout:
- Ketllebell Windmill: holding the kettlebell overhead with one hand, turn your feet at a 45 degrees angle away from the weight, bend over bringing your opposite arm to touch your toes with your head facing the weight
- Kettlebell Single-Arm Squat: in squat position, bend your arm holding the kettlebell up to your neck with the other arm held out straight, hold for 15 seconds
- Kettlebell Swing: holding the kettlebell with two hands, bend your knees pushing the kettlebell between your legs behind you and then up until your arms are held out in front of you
- Kettlebell Lunge Press: holding the kettlebell up to your chest with your hands gripping the side of the handle, lunge whilst raising your hands directly above your head with the kettlebell
- Kettlebell Floor Press: lying on your back with a kettlebell in each hand, bend one arm towards your chest and raise it for a minimum of 5 seconds then alternate
- Kettlebell Halo: feet hip distance apart, hold the kettlebell up to your chest with it upside down and gripping the sides of the handle, bring the kettlebell to your right cheek and slowly circle it around your head for 60 seconds, alternating direction
Check out our kettlebell workout routine for more ideas!