The art of yoga is beneficial for your mind, body and soul. The benefits of yoga come in many varieties depending on the different types of yoga and yoga poses that you choose to do. Over the years, yoga has become increasingly popular, and there is a reason for it. Actually, there are several! With the numerous yoga benefits, from increasing muscle strength to sleeping better, it’s no wonder that the world is obsessing over the ancient tradition of yoga.
You might be a yoga expert yourself, or you might be searching for information on yoga for beginners, either way the most common doubt people have is whether to take up yoga vs pilates and what benefits each will bring. Here we will focus specifically on the amazing effects that yoga can have on your body, your mind and your life!
What are the benefits of yoga?
Any physical activity is bound to bring in some health benefits, and yoga does not shy away when it comes to improving your wellbeing. The great thing about yoga benefits is that they come in a variety of health, mental and physical improvements.
- Improves your flexibility, builds muscle strength and perfects your posture
- Betters your bone health and protects your spine
- Increases blood flow and heart rate (decreasing blood pressure)
- Makes you feel better and happier through increase of serotonin
- Helps you focus
- Relaxes your body system and promotes healthy breathing
- Improves balance
- Releases tension in your limbs
- Can help you sleep better through relaxation of the nervous system
- Gives you peace of mind, ridding stress and frustration, helps you understand your inner strength
If you are wondering whether to begin on the yoga journey or not, think about what you want to change in your life, whether it is a physical change you want to make or a mental change. Yoga is a great way to help you focus on yourself. Give it a go!